Sunday, October 31, 2010

Temple Grandin

Temple Grandin (2010) ****
Claire Danes, Katherine O'hara, David Strathairn, Julia Ormond.
I was lucky enough to have the real Temple Grandin on a flight coming into Denver. At the time I had no idea who she was otherwise I would have sat and listened to her. Ever since then I have thought she was fascinating. Temple has autism, learned to deal with her disorder by calming herself in a wooden machine used for branding cows, has a doctorate, and created new and humane ways to slaughter animals. This movie shows her passion and knowlegde about animals. She sees life in a series of pictures and uses her incredible memory to succeed unbelievably.

I highly recommend this movie not only for a brilliant look into autism but into Temple's mind.

1 comment:

  1. I loved this movie! I think that Claire Danes was a wonderful choice for the film. On a side note I use a compression shirt called a Thundershirt for my dog's anxiety. It was created based on Temple's research.
    Cheers to you and your new blog!

    ReplyDelete